Monday, March 31, 2008

Accessories Project: Week Nine

1. On Friday Margaret Sanders finished her artist statement early (and it was done perfectly!), started to work on a new project to stay busy, and then, on her own accord, noticed Jake L. was struggling, and took time to go over and help him out, she was incredibly kind and sweet and even took a step to "interview" him to help get him started on what he should write for his artist statement. I was really impressed with her maturity and thoughtfulness. On the other hand, while her quality of work is never a issue, I noticed that I was becoming tired Latrice Rollins' continuous attitude like she is just so so bored of everything. It also bothers me, because she obviously takes enough interest in the work to complete it well and thoughtfully, but the whole time she appears to have no desire whatsoever to be at work. Her attitude was slightly more engaged on Saturday, though I did catch her trying to check her e-mail when her group was let go to use the computers, even though I had specifically mentioned prior to that that they weren't supposed to go on any web page other than the three specified. I told Latrice she wasn't allowed to use the computer anymore, her partner would be in command of it.

2. Dominique Strapp was gone both days, due to having to leave town to see her brother off. She called on Thursday to let me know, so it will be considered excused. Helen Haggerty, Margaret Sanders, and Andre Pirtle were all about 5 minutes late on Saturday. Andre and Helen called prior to alert us. Everyone wore their shirts both days.

3. The schedule is getting tight, as it is getting to be like pulling teeth to get the apprentices to complete their artists statements. I think it has made them slightly nervous knowing they will be speaking these to a crowd. Almost everyone is on their revision, I think they'll all be typed up and completed by the end of Tuesday's session. After that, it's really just a few closing activities and touching up some of our items.

No comments: