Congratulations to both of you for making it through the mid-point evaluation process! I understand that it can be tedious, but the feedback the Apprentices get from you is invaluable, and will better prepare them for future assessments of their performance.
I especially appreciated sitting in on your face-to-face discussions. My role at ArtWorks doesn't always allow me to get to know the Apprentices as much as I would like, so I really enjoyed learning about their project ideas, and about your impressions of each of them as employees. Thank you!
Final evaluations will be a very similar process, but this time, Apprentices will also evaluate your performance as Lead Artists, and they will evaluate their experience at ArtWorks as a whole. Additionally, you will evaluate me/ArtWorks, and I'm really looking forward to the feedback. I'm letting you know this so you can make sure you have enough time set aside for more evaluations, and additional evaluations that are longer in length. (Yippee!)
I also wanted to thank each of you for your willingness to participate in our upcoming "Express Yourself!" Gallery Night & Fashion Show. Karin Gratz mentioned to be how thrilled she is to have the three of you be a part of our planning process. It's going to make the event experience even more inclusive and authentic, and I hope you will get some "good press" for your artwork in exchange for your assistance.
On a personal note, I have to confess that, at the beginning, I wasn't truly been able to envision the final product for each of the programs. But now I am confident that "I get it." I can clearly see where you want to take your Apprentices, and it amazes me how far some of them have come. Being a part of the mid-point evaluations helped me better understand your vision, and connecting more closely with each Apprentice was a real treat for me.
Keep up the great postings!
Meghan
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Post a Comment